Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Welcome!

I want to take a minute to welcome everyone to my new blog! Many of you followed my previous blog, A Conservative Take, and I am glad you have followed my thoughts and I to our new home, Dracut Conservative.

For those of you who are new, my name is Colin Loiselle. I am 19 year old sophomore at Suffolk University in Boston, MA. I am from Dracut, MA, and that's where the title comes from. I am studying political science, and have had the pleasure of working for both Scott Brown and Mitt Romney's campaigns during the most recent election. I also have had the pleasure of interning for Senate Minority Leader, Bruce Tarr (R) at the Massachusetts State House. I am a proud member of the Suffolk University GOP, and am a registered Republican. I currently serve as a Senator to Suffolk University's Student Government Association, where I represent the class of 2016.

I would say that I am your average conservative if I was to pick a spot on the political spectrum. I believe in fiscal responsibility, free market, limited government, and am staunchly pro-life. Perhaps my only "liberal", if you will, belief is that the government has no place determining what constitutes a marriage, and as such I support the rights of all couples, straight or gay, to be married free of judgement from the government or fellow citizens.

I will use this platform to advocate for issues that I support, and share my thoughts on current issues and debates within the United States. I will very rarely comment on foreign affairs, however I may dabble in it from time to time. I understand that there are opposing views, and respect everyone's opinions. I simply ask that you respect mine as well. There will be no tolerance for derogatory language, hate speech, or violent threats on this page. All other comments are welcome, and I would love to spark a healthy, informed, and honest debate. Please shoot me an email if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns. I am very open to suggestions for posts, and will answer any and all questions.

Thanks for visiting for the page, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment